[Typo3-debian] Problems with GDlib 2

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sun Oct 26 23:52:18 CET 2003

Hi Christian,

> I'm a newbie to Typo3 and there's a few things I don't understand. I'm
> running a website with a graphical menu on Debian Woody. Although I'm
> using the Debian-Packages for Typo3 I get black images instead of the ones
> I want. To find out if it is a problem with IM or with GD2 I installed the
> statically linked tar of IM 4.2.9 I found at typo3.sunsite.dk. This didn't
> help. Now I'm sure that the problem is caused by the GDlib 2. But there's
> one thing I don't understand. I can install a GD1 but not a php4-gd
> package. And even if I had that the typo3-packages depend on php4-gd2.
> Does this mean that everything should actually work with this package?

For Woody, things seem to work much better with GD2 instead of GD1. You can
try if it works better with GD1, you just need to uninstall typo3-env.
(This is a dummy package which only provides dependencies to other
packages. There's no other functionality inside.)

After that, you can install php4-gd just the usual way.
Feedback would be very welcome!

Good luck!
- michael
--