[Typo3-debian] Problems with GDlib 2

Christian Lerrahn jsfan at web.de
Sat Oct 18 09:59:33 CEST 2003

Hi!
I'm a newbie to Typo3 and there's a few things I don't understand. I'm
running a website with a graphical menu on Debian Woody. Although I'm
using the Debian-Packages for Typo3 I get black images instead of the ones
I want. To find out if it is a problem with IM or with GD2 I installed the
statically linked tar of IM 4.2.9 I found at typo3.sunsite.dk. This didn't
help. Now I'm sure that the problem is caused by the GDlib 2. But there's
one thing I don't understand. I can install a GD1 but not a php4-gd
package. And even if I had that the typo3-packages depend on php4-gd2.
Does this mean that everything should actually work with this package?
I've set the option for GD2, but no matter if it is set or unset, I'll get
the same result. Does it work perfectly for anybody?

Regards,
Christian

--
    Deinen  Willen,  mein Gott, tue ich gern, und dein Gesetz hab ich
    in meinem Herzen.      Psalm 40,9

    "Ich schäme mich des Evangeliums nicht; denn es  ist  eine  Kraft
    Gottes,  die selig macht alle, die daran glauben."          Römer
    1,16