[Typo3-debian] typo3 in official debian tree?

Steffen Mueller steffen at davis.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Sun Oct 12 21:43:23 CEST 2003

Michael Stucki schrieb:

>>michael, when will your packages make it into the official debian tree?
>>(as the release of sarge is getting closer...)
>

> I am not very interested to do that. I remember some conversations with
> Edelhard Becker (I know, I didn't reply to your latest mails yet...). He is
> an official DD, maybe he wants to take care over the packages one day.
> Maybe someone else wants...(?)

ah, one can find the discussion in the "typo3-base 3.5.0-2 tested"
thread, right?
as i am not very experienced with debian-maintaining, -packaging and all
the other tasks one one side, and programming typo3 on the other, i
won't be the right one for this job. maybe co-maintaining...

> However, I still see some unresolved problems when Typo3 is part of a stable
> Debian distribution:
> - Assuming Typo3 3.6.0 would be released today, we were not allowed to make
>   any updates to the Debian version. We would need to support at least two
>   different versions then!

yes. these version would be stable (3.5.0) and testing/unstable (3.6.0).
i don't see a way to solve this "problem" - this is part of the debian
policy.

but one problem could be:
imagine severe bugs/security leaks being exploited in 3.5.0 and typo3
developers don't care, because 3.6.0 is not affected or problems are
only fixed in the 3.6.0 branch. in this case, the debian maintainer has
to do this job. without a bugtracking system for typo3, this seems to be
hard work.
man, i would really appreciate bugtracking for typo3!

--
cheers,
Steffen