[Typo3-debian] Some questions about unstable install

Steffen Mueller steffen at davis.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Sat Nov 22 02:36:58 CET 2003

Lars E. D. Jensen schrieb:
> Michael Stucki wrote:
>
>>Lars E. D. Jensen wrote:
>>

>>>What if I only want to install some backports, e.g. apache, php,
>>>imagemagick etc.
>>
>>Why do you want to do that? I'm still very happy with my Apache
>>1.3.26 cause it still works perfect!
>

> But what if I need a newer PHP version, is it better to compile it myself?

how about just trying a backport and see what's going on?
if you really can't live with php 4.1.2, go for a newer version and try
to find someone who's providing working packages: not only php4, but
php4-gd[2], php4-mysql, ...

> I get these yellow exclamation marks when I use the small testmenu in Image
> Processing (ImageMagick for woody, I've downgraded again), is there anyway
> to figure out what's wrong? The images seems to be ok, but the exclamation
> marks is still there...

got them, too. i did't care about that.
maybe it's because the filesize of the image which is read by IM is
larger than the reference.

how about reading pdf?
i bet you get an error with the woody equipment...

--
cheers,
Steffen