[Typo3-debian] Partitioning a dedicated debian typo3 server?

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] jh at netfielders.de
Sun Nov 16 14:24:16 CET 2003

> > We are having most of our servers with 2GB Ram, so should I double or
should
> > I not set it up larger than 1 GB ? Both is not working at the same time
:) I
> > don't think HD-space is a problem anyway. So I don't care really about
the
> > space it uses.
> hm. the only thing i can tell you for sure is: turning off swap and
> limiting your system will keep it performant. i don't think that 4 GB of
> swap space helps. operations (or data) being swaped to harddisk are
> running much slower - no matter if 1 or 4 GB swapspace. if traffic's too
> high, increase your RAM or balance your load instead.

Well... Sure I'll keep an eye on it, and none of our servers is swapping at
all, if they do there is something wrong ;) Turning off swap ? Why would you
want that ? Generally it would only be used if something gos wrong, and in
that case, you MIGHT benefit from it.

Just as a general questions about the guidelines... It's not a wast of
space, as I am not using it anyway :)