[Typo3-debian] typo3 on woody, manual install

Thomas Lorenzen thomas at typo-systems.dk
Tue May 20 11:23:45 CEST 2003

I find the easiest way to set up TYPO3 on a clean woody is the following:

1. Install a clean woody
2. Install MySQL, gs (ghostscript) and xfree86 development files from
dselect.

Do not install: Apache, php, freetype, imagemagick, libjpeg etc. etc.

Use Leuchter's LAMP installer, but edit build_all.sh, so the RPMs are not
installed... (those packages are covered by the MySQL and xfree86 packages
from dselect)

That should do it, I have never been able to get .ai-files to work, so if
anyone nows how to do that on debian? I guess I need to install other
packages prior to running the LAMP installer. (ie. gs gives PDF support)

Regards,
Thomas Lorenzen