[Typo3-debian] [Typo3-install] Announcement: New install lists

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sun May 11 11:13:17 CEST 2003

Hi all,

Installation of Typo3 is in many (most?!) cases an Operating System specific
issue. Although we already had lists on the RPM and the WAMP installers,
they were not really used and all problems have arrived in the
general-install list. This makes sense to me since most people install
their software from scratch and didn't use these installers.

Starting by now, I'd like to invite you to use these lists (some of them are
new) which bring us the separation that was missing before:

Typo3-linux:
Linux-specific problems. I'd rather say this is a Unix list, but we think
the 'Linux' subject will address some more people. Problems for MacOSX
should also belong to this list.

Typo3-windows:
Windows-specific problems.

Typo3-debian:
This list is Debian-specific. There are plans to create a Debian package of
Typo3. Join this list for more information.

Typo3-wamp:
For problems when using one of the WAMP-Installers.
-> Do you think we should keep this list or better move to Typo3-windows?

Typo3-rpm:
Removed. There has never been any post on this list.
You should use the Linux list if you have questions about the RPM package.

Typo3-install:
Installation problems that are not covered in any of the above groups.
(Should be nothing at all :-))