[Typo3-debian] GD with GIF support: Apache segfaults

Henning Holtschneider hh at netsurf.de
Sun Jun 29 22:18:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

my web developers are bothering me to add GIF image support to our Typo3
server. Being unable to find a gd2 Debian package and the accompanying
php4-gd package, I tried to build it myself (the half-Debian way ;-)

1. removed php4-gd2 and libgd2
2. downloaded, compiled and installed patched GD package from rime.com.au
3. downloaded, built and installed php4-gd2 Debian (source) package

Now, whenever I try to use GIFs from within Typo3/PHP, Apache segfaults.
According to phpinfo(), the GD extension did load correctly.

Any suggestions? I would really like to avoid having to re-compile PHP with
the GD functions statically compiled in.

Greetings,
hh