[Typo3-debian] Typo3 packages for Debian

Steffen Mueller steffen at davis.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 14 23:53:01 CEST 2003

hi ole.

Ole Schelde schrieb:

> When I install Debian on the server, should I only install the base system
> without any extra packages before I install the Typo3 package?

you can install your prefered packages whenever you want - before or
after installing typo3. some packages depend on each other, so they are
installed at the same time (like typo3 and apache, for example). the
apt-get tool will do that for you.

check the package dependencies with
# apt-cache depends <package-name>
as you can see, the dependencies within the typo3 packages 'typo3-base'
and 'typo3-env' are different. read the package documentation to get this:
<--- snip
# apt-cache show typo3-env
Package: typo3-env
(...)
(...)
  This package is a dummy package that depends on a complete server
environment
  which may be needed if you want to run all server components from one
machine.
---> snap

--
cheers,