[Typo3-debian] Typo3 packages for Debian

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Sat Jun 14 23:33:21 CEST 2003

Ole Schelde wrote:
> I intend to make a new server with Debian and the Typo3 packages for Debian.
>
> This server will only run sites based on Typo3.
>
> When I install Debian on the server, should I only install the base system
> without any extra packages before I install the Typo3 package?
It is not necessary that you install typo3 before other packages.

However, I would suggest not to install inofficial debian packages
before, but installing any other is no problem, AFAIK.

As written on http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/debian/ just do this:

Run "apt-get install typo3-env" to get all recommended packages
(mysql-server, imagemagick, etc.)
Run "apt-get install typo3-site-installer" to get an install script that
manages most parts of the installation! :-)

- Ingmar