[Typo3-debian] What does the debian packages install?

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Tue Jun 10 18:32:03 CEST 2003

Hi Steffen,

many thanks for your explanation. I think everything should be clear now,
right?! :-)

> keep in mind, that i do _not_ have installed the debian package of
> typo3, because it's not yet proposed to be stable.

If nobody test it then nobody will report bugs - and I am not able to fix
them...

> afaik, there is no special gdlib package for typo3.

Right. GD on Debian has no GIF support. Sorry for that, but is there really
anybody missing it?
PNGs are working great - I don't see a problem with that.

> and, last but not least: use php4-gd2 instead of php4-gd

Correct. If you install typo3-env this will be done by Apt, because
typo3-env depends on php4-gd2.

Cheers - michael