[Typo3-debian] Changing server name und network data

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Wed Dec 10 23:35:36 CET 2003

Michael Karalus wrote:

> thx for the fast answer, but it not really fits my point. This is not a
> from-time-to-time reconfiguration, this is a physically server moving to
> another place, using another network and even another domain and hostname.
> And unfortunately I will only have ssh-access to the server after that. So
> if I miss any setting and the network won't come up correctly, I am p*****

If the network settings (IP address, netmask, gateway) are correct, this
should be no problem. You can still connect to this host even if the domain
name is incorrect.

> After checking the settings you told me I am missing the domain-entry.
> Where is that setting hidden?
> I think it will be more easier for me to restart this big setup-script.
> But how to trigger it?

You won't need this, believe me!

Cheers - michael

PS: You should ask such questions on a place where they are on topic. For
German Debian newbies, I recommend http://www.debianforum.de/
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html