[Typo3-debian] libgd problems

Christian Hennen malk at gmx.net
Mon Aug 11 21:03:35 CEST 2003

Monday, August 11, 2003, 20:41:44:

Loks familiar to me. I've had the same problem. After installing (and
using) gd2 with 'apt-get install php4-gd2' I've got the same errors
(some config pages returned 500 server errors).
The clue was, all the packages were from unstable or testing
distribution. I downgraded the whole system to a stable release.

I you want to do this with debian (I recommend, if you are running a
server), you can do the following. I found this in a forum:

Create the file '/etc/apt/preferences' (without the '---'):
---
Package: *
Pin: release a=stable,v=3.0*
Pin-Priority: 1001
---
The 'v=3.0*' is important, or you won't get any security updates.

After this, only 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get dist-upgrade'. Waiting.
Done.
This worked for me. Perhaps it'll work for you.

greets