[Typo3-debian] typo3-base 3.5.0-2 tested

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Wed Apr 16 11:55:43 CEST 2003

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Edelhard Becker wrote:
>> - localconf.php could be physically stored there, with a link from
>>   /usr/share/typo3... pointing to it, preserving especially the local
>>   settings (database connection, install password, ..)
>
> I think that's not a good idea to move localconf.php there. What if you have
> two sites with the same name but in different directories?
> I think putting localconf.php etc. in the webroot is ok as it is. What do
> others think?

I would not want this. IMHO /etc/ is for system-wide defaults. As soon
as settings differ, the configuration is in ~/.whatever, or in this case
(seeing the document root as 'home' of TYPO3), the webroot.

So I second your opinion.

>>I think you know knoppix. If we can't convince Klaus Knopper to put it
>>into knoppix you can build a knoppix-spinoff (tools on the website).
>
> Knoppix is just for testing purposes. What I want is a CD image that can be
> downloaded, installed, and used as a full Typo3 Webserver.

You can install Knoppix to the harddisk. Afterwards you have a (almost)
regular Debian system. This would offer a way to keep the software as
current as needed, combined with a very simple installation. A good
idea, I'd say.

Regards,
Karsten