[TYPO3-UG CH] Own source files in a t3x file

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Jul 28 10:36:26 CEST 2010

Hi Michael,

> I have a (maybe silly) question. I've developed an extension with three
> frontend plugins.
> Since the classes generated by typo3 are generated in php4 I decided to
> let those files
> call an own class written in php5.3. Seems to be a nice way, so I have
> my code strictly
> separated from the typo3 generated code.
>
> That's all nice, but of course I now have an additional file:
>
> class.extensionsxy_pi1.php<- Generated by typo3
> class.mywrapper_pi1.php<- Wrapper class with my code
>

> ... and there are also some library classes in the root: Shared code for
> all plugins.
> However, when I create a t3x file in kickstarter and install this on the
> live system, it
> seems just to contain the files generated by typo3. How am I able to
> include my
> own files so kickstarter is including them in the generated t3x?

Basically you missed an important point: the kickstarter is there only
to "kickstart" an extension. That is, create initial code. After that
you should never go to kickstarter again and you may modify code
according to your needs. If you want to get a .t3x of your extension,
you may do so from Extension Manager, in menu something like "Backup/...".

BTW, you may use the English list instead as you are much more likely to
get prompt feedback and answers.

Regards
Xavier Perseguers