[TYPO3-UG Oesterreich] Import von Content

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Fri Jul 27 14:19:22 CEST 2007

mit REST sollte das einfach gehen:
sh.
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/thdata2web/0.1.0/
hth g
---
from the readme.txt
---
*
It's a REST (Representational State Transfer) like way to exchange data
between 2 or more separated typo3 systems.
I don't claim to be conformable with a typical REST implementation
commparable f.e. with Trachtenbergs article
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2003/10/30/amazon_rest.html about the
Amazon implementation.
That wasn't the goal of this extension.
We had the problem to connect a bunch of datastorages and tables of
different typo3 system, and dind't want to create any redundancies by
rsyncing the data.
We  hadn't also any xml parser installed on our systems (NO SOAP
possiple) and could't connect directly to the databases
so we decided to exchange data by http by accessing a single typo3 page.

It's a very special solution for a special problem but we had positive
experiences with that and using this technique
in a couple of adapted variants in productive enviroments f.e. a
modified indexed_search (by hook) which is also considering
searchresults of a physically separated typo3 system.... so you see this
extension could be a base for many other ideas.

Have fun ... Thomas

*

Usage:
Install the extension  .... and push F5 to reload .. in your tools menu
a data2web link appears.
Create a page [will call it Extensionpage] with its own root template
and insert the code from typoscript_setup.txt
Customize the templatefile to your needs .. or leave it and get your
output as a comma separated list.

Create a tableshare in your data2web BE menu.

You can access the enabled table by the tableID String:
- Simply add it to your url like this ->
http://www.example.com/inde.php?id=[PageID of your
Extensionpage]&ident=[tableID]

If you have choosen a hash authentication create a the hash in your
reuqesting page .. it a combination of

timestamp, tableID, saltvalue (is created by daata2web backend and
stored with your share)
$time= time();
$hash = md5(
   $time.ident.salt
   );

Add &hash=$hash&time=$time[Used timestamp] to your url....

Thats all..

If you got some proposals to improve or to add new functions ... contact me
I also would be pleased to receive some feedback, doesn't matter if good
or bad.
But it would help me to improve this extension.