[TYPO3-about] Lost password, can't reset

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Sat Sep 13 23:03:46 CEST 2014

Dear Danielle,

thanks for your interest in TYPO3! Nice that you come here and ask the
community for help. I will give my best to support you with your issue.

TYPO3 has no integrated possibility to allow resetting a backend
user's password from the login dialog. If there is such a feature in
your installation, it is coming a third-party extension (and I can't
help with that without deeper investigations).

In order to reset the admin password (or create a new admin user), you
can access the Install Tool at /typo3/install/.

How you can access that is described here:
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/SecurityGuide/GuidelinesIntegrators/InstallTool/Index.html

IIRC the option to create a new backend user is in the "Important
Actions" section.

One note: The TYPO3-about list/forum to which you posted is designated
for non-technical discussion only. Please post your follow-ups to
TYPO3-english. Thanks for keeping this room clean. :)

Have fun with TYPO3

Kind regards
Steffen

- --