[TYPO3-about] Lost password, can't reset

Danielle James Jamesd at tcd.ie
Thu Sep 11 17:12:18 CEST 2014

Hi all,
Any help/explanation would be great.

So I have been handed over a website which needs to be updated and was given a username and password to login at www.[mysite].com/typo3/index.php which previously worked. I went to login with these credentials yesterday and was told the password is incorrect. SO naturally after racking my brains trying to remember if I had changed it, I decided to re-set the password as I wasn't sure if perhaps I had changed it and forgotten the new one. So I requested a new password and the reset link was to be sent to the corresponding email address. Nada. I've since tried logging in and nothing. Typo3 doesn't seem to now recognise my username or email address! (I've set this account up purely so that i could access these discussions) Any input would be great- I'm really stuck as to what to do! :(