[TYPO3-about] Re: Typo3 4.5 end of maintenance

Christian Nölle christian.noelle at typo3.org
Thu Sep 11 09:30:55 CEST 2014

I am writing not from a agency point of view, representing a midsize german university as a heavy TYPO3 users.

We have round about 400 Domains hosted in ~20 TYPO3 installations. We have around 1.000 editors working in those setup, delivering and maintaining a not countable amount of pages ;)

We are running on TYPO3 4.5 right at the moment, preparing for the upgrade to 6.2 in the upcoming month. Updating the core is - despite from some caveats and nasty bugs - not a problem and most of the extensions are not either. There are some extension in use, that won't make it ;) and we are not putting any effort in to get them 6.2 ready, so users have to switch. We had some sponsoring going to push some development and we are willing to put more into if something itches us!