[TYPO3-about] Typo3 4.5 end of maintenance

Torben Hansen derhansen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 16:54:49 CEST 2014

Hi,

I don't think extending the support for TYPO3 4.5 is an option. The EOL has been communicated at lease since TYPO3 6.2 LTS was released and every agency using TYPO3 should at least have made some internal discussions about how to handle the update process. Also a few agencies also already contacted their customers about the upcoming update and EOL and are already in process upgrading to TYPO3 6.2

We are on schedule and about to finish the most important updates (4.7 and 6.1 to 6.2 LTS) this month. After that, we are going to upgrade or relaunch the remaining TYPO3 4.5 projects and I'm confident, that we are able to finish the updates until support for TYPO3 4.5 ends. Actually, 30% off all TYPO3 websites we do maintenance for, have been updated to TYPO3 6.2