[TYPO3-about] community continuous and interactive communication

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Tue Sep 17 17:31:28 CEST 2013

Am 15.09.13 16:19, schrieb Ben van 't Ende:

> Please think about it for a moment and give feedback to these
> communication topics.
> * Do you think there needs to be more interactivity or is it ok like it
> is currently?
> * Do you have an opinion on what tools would be appropriate?
> * What kind of information would you like to get from the community?
> * What would you like to hear from a community manager perspective or
> from other perspectives?
> * Is this a good place to communicate about the TYPO3 community, if not
> what would be most ideal?

Hi Ben,

Just a quick answer here.

I would appreciate if community communication would try to identify the
different recipients of that communication and its needs.

By looking at our community at the moment we see that we have different
layers and players with different needs.

Additionally there is certainly fields that do not appeal to be
attractive to everyone.

If I look at your first question:

"What kind of information would you like to get from the community?"

Then i would say that we need to change it to:

"What kind of information would the community like to get?" and "What is
the expected outcome of the reception of this information from the sender?"

The your Continuing your questions make sense:

"What would you like to hear from a community manager perspective or
from other perspectives?"

Regarding your last question:

"Is this a good place to communicate about the TYPO3 community, if not
what would be most ideal?"

There is a famous quote: "You cannot not communicate".

If we look at our current many communication channels we need to make
sure that information reach the people in a relevant way. This means
that we might send information multiple times over multi ways.

If you ask me what the role of a Community Manager would be in this
Setting, then i would say:

The Community Manager acts a fasciliator and enabler for people seeking
information on the different topics around. He collects them and
observes if topics need some love. He identifies people that are able to
foster communication and he intercepts communication problems by
offering his advice.

this are my 5c.

Best greetings,

Olivier