[TYPO3-about] Proposual: couple Codesprints to Events

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Feb 3 19:21:09 CET 2013

Hi Anja,

Anja Leichsenring wrote:

> What do you think? Should we couple the events or keep it separated? Any
> other events/restrictions you might think of?
>
> Please keep in mind, that not only developers can join us. We are in need
> of integration, testing, documentation, administration tasks... .
> Especially with the ongoing doctrine stuff, every motivated hand can help.

I could be interesting to couple code sprints and bar camps.

This would be a very nice way to:
* attract new developers
* -"- testers
* get in touch with the users
* update documentation as questions arise
* get a feeling for pressing tasks/bugs

The downsite is that:
* occupies one room
* lots of distraction
* those in the sprint can not attend other talks (at least not that much)

I would be in favor for such a solution and say: Try it out!

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!