[TYPO3-about] Proposual: couple Codesprints to Events

Anja Leichsenring aleichsenring at ab-softlab.de
Sun Feb 3 18:52:10 CET 2013

2013 Extbase Code Sprint Timeslot-Planning Idea

As the Extbase Team will have 4 code sprints this year, and we want to announce the days & location very soon to make invidiual planning possible, we are in the process of selecting dates for the codesprints 2-4.

During early planning, we came up with the idea, to couple these sprints to some TYPO3 events by time + location. This would lessen traveling times, and maybe attract more people, "who are going there anyway". Furthermore, community interaction would be deepened, as not to present a picture of an "inner circle™". Such "coupled" code sprints would happen directly before or after an event, e.g. T3CON, various Barcamps etc.

The following restrictions on general planning are already known:
 - 1st codesprints starts this week in Duisburg (still seats left!)
 - each TYPO3 CMS release gets one code sprint nearing the release, dedicated to delivering production ready quality
 - DevDays are unsuitable, as they are already coupled with compulsory core meetings, which would lead to nearly 2 weeks "downtime" for employed team members.
 - we would also love to make joint Flow/Neos Codesprints, to generate more interaction, and with the possibility to get forward-ports done easily

The following events might be suitable:
 - TYPO3 Camps in Hamburg, Stuttgart, Munich - there we already have locations sponsors standing by, of course also other Camps like Regensburg, Essen are ok
 - the 1st Extbase Barcamp
 - T3CON

What do you think? Should we couple the events or keep it separated? Any other events/restrictions you might think of?

Please keep in mind, that not only developers can join us. We are in need of integration, testing, documentation, administration tasks... . Especially with the ongoing doctrine stuff, every motivated hand can help.