[Tycon3] blurry video quality

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Tue Sep 20 22:25:16 CEST 2005

Hi,
> Soo - if there is interest in that point, I would be happy to help. As
> some of you might remember, I have done some Typo3 video stuff before
> (encoding of the tutorial videos on typo3.org and mastered/encoded some
> of the Kasper/Robert videos taken on the Kitzbühel snowboard tour).

I also thought of the same codec used by the tutorial videos - brilliant
picture - acceptable sound. I'm not that familiar with codecs, but this
new H.264 sounds like an *german on* "eierlegende Woll-milch-sau"
*german off*. Apple provides his new QuickTime 7 Pro with H.264-codec
for only 30,- €, which should be afordable.

About the DVD. I've been on a Convention this year, too (sadly had no
time for TYCON3). What we're going to do that everybody is getting a DVD
at least costs is, that we're going to use the snowball-effect. 1 Person
is copying 2 DVDs and shipping them to 2 interrested people. Those will
do the same - and voila. So the costs are rather low - at least inside
one country (2 blank DVD-Medias = 1,- €, 2x Shipping ~ 9,- € = 10,- €).

Just an idea.

--
Greetings, Franz Koch