[Tycon3] blurry video quality

Joe Frontman load10 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 19 22:56:54 CEST 2005

Olivier Dobberkau schrieb:

>Joe Frontman wrote:
>

>>Don't you think that even some people who attended tycon3 would like
>>to benefit from the videos? And they paid for sure, didn't they. Your
>>point is rediculous and you are indeed not ready for criticism.
>>
>>By the way, why do you record the presentations in the first place???
>>Just to show low quality videos to the public?
>>

>joe, you did not get my point.
>
>as you might understand the meaning of the word rant, i only meant to
>ask, what expectations you might have in this world.

Olivier, I don't have any expectations, especially when you get it for
free. Everybody who is contributing to an opensource project like Typo3
one way or the other,  does it for the community. It it obvious that
every project has to be financed.
Apart from that fact, this shouldn't stop one mentioning that something
could be improved.

>i have been to tycon3 and i would certainly like to see a better quality
>for those videos. i know that the original videos taken are better
>quality, but they will never replace the real thing.
>
>but if you want better videos: wait for the dvd set, that you could
>offer to produce, sell and give your share of the benefit to the typo3
>association.

This might be a possible solution to get the videos produced and
financed. Which doesn't mean that some other clever entrepreneurs are
more than welcome to go for it.
Speaking of contributing, I do contribute to the preoject once in while
eventhough you might not notice it. But this is not the question. My
point was that suggestions should be at least to some extend considered.
Of course, it is always a question of money and determination, but as
you pointed out there is a possible way.

>and remember: only because typo3 is a open source project does not mean
>you get everything around it for free.

I have never said that anything which is attached to opensource is for
free. How could it be? We all have our necessities, don't we?

Thanks
joe