[Tycon3] CAcert Assurance during TYCON3?

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Wed Jun 29 20:07:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

I would like to ask if someone is interested in a CAcert assurance
during TYCON3 and if there are people, if it's possible to integrate it
into the TYCON3?

What is CAcert?
CAcert is Certification Authority like Verisign, Thawte and many more.
The different between CAcert and the other CA's is that CAcert is
community driven. The biggest problem with the full usage of
certificates are the costs. So private people and little companies think
twice if the pay the costs.

CAcert tries to kick this problem with a total costs of zero. The idea
behind it is nice and they try to get their root certificate into the
browsers (in some distributions they are already present).

Having such a session at TYCON3 means to check the identity of the
interested people (identity card, driver license).

I'm able to assure people, one or two other people would not be bad.

Your feedback please, (especially Jürgen).

Cheers Sven