[Tycon3] TYPO3 developers conference

Matthias Kall matthias.kall at web.de
Wed Jun 22 11:19:34 CEST 2005

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Hempel wrote:
> it seems that a lot of people offers to organize a DEVCON (We too!)!
>  That shows me, that there is a big interest in this!? :-)
I saw your posting in the other thread just a little too late
> I prefer Hamburg as location, but this decission (where and when)
> should be made by the dev-community! :)
I don't mind Hamburg either, but I hope the dev-conference will take
place more than once, so if takes place in Hamburg in 2006 it could be
here or wherever the next time. Or the other way around.
I can only offer it here, 'cause this is where I have access to the
infrastructure. Also room pricing is low here and we could organize
real inexpensive sleeping places in the gym (for students).
> The question is, who can really achieve that?
> You maybe know the problem. Saying to organize such a thing is the
> one thing, realizing it's something completely different.
I know it. I organized and realized several events for the university
press office and also other organisations. I'm quite confident that we
would be able to realize a successful event.
> I prefer Hamburg as location, but this decission (where and when)
> should be made by the dev-community! :)
> Anyhow, I would help you... Regardless where the devcon takes place.
> The most important thing is that it does! ;)
As I said, I prefer Clausthal but I'd help anyhow if it takes place in
Hamburg or anyplace else which isn't to far away.

As a proceeding I'd recommend discussing it in the tycon3 list for a few
days to shape the idea. We could post an invitation to offer it in
different places in the dev, english and german list now, though.

Then we run it over the dev-List for week or so to get input on the
when, where, what questions, since the devs are the target group.

After that the TYPO3 officials might decide on the where and when.

After this we should ask Stucki for an extra list for organzing the
developers conference.

Let's make it happen!

Greets

Matthias