[Tycon3] do you know...

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jun 21 20:40:01 CEST 2005

>> Sorry guys, but this is the first official conference of an _open
>> source_ project!
>
> Um, not really (or I throw things).
> The php Con has a admission fee of about 1.000 euros.
> Mysql con isn't really cheaper.
> But basically there are things happening that make sense for me to
> come. This is NO offense against Tycon or the guys managing the
> event, I just ask myself what's the benefit there.
> Having studied the talks that are going on it was hard work to get one
> of our "suits" to even think about coming.

Well there are some big differences:
1. PHP and mySQL are major league players, while TYPO3 is more like NFL
Europe (and that's still schmoozed).
2. The prices you might have in mind are prices for established events,
where you know what you will get for your money.
3. AFAIK speakers get payed when making a speech for those major league cons

Raising the same prices as those big players seems a bit overbearing to me
... but it fits the overall picture ;-)

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau