[Tycon3] do you know...

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jun 21 18:06:37 CEST 2005

>> ...that 226.20¤ is a whole lot of money for a student spending it
>> for two days not including the stay?
>
> Tycon or three week all inclusive surf trip to ceylon...
>
> ... keeps me thinking ...
> especially since other conferences are able to go with 10% of the
> price...

Well - having read that there is a number of about 300 people expected to
visit the conference you can make a rough estimate:
Assuming that all those 300 people will register before 31.07.05 and 50% of
them might be students (although I don't think many students will be able to
pay the fee) we will still get an average of EU 260,- per person. Total
revenue: EU 78.000,-
Compared to the flatrates for the conference rooms you can find here:
http://www.queens-hotel-karlsruhe.com/20_02_03_00_en.php3 and considering
the fact that all speakers have to pay their stay on their own, there might
be coming up the question:
Who is making the business here and why should we pay an average price of
more than EU 700,- for two days including journey and stay?

Sorry guys, but this is the first official conference of an _open source_
project!
Many developers are students that simply can't afford even the reduced early
bird price.
And even for self employed "one man show" people with a family the pricing
is much too high.
Maybe you should ask for sponsoring of the ticket price instead of looking
for sponsors for T-Shirts and coffee mugs.

If this will be the final price, I definitely won't come unless I find some
sponsors ...

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau