[Tycon3] TYCon3 first site impression

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Jan 31 16:56:47 CET 2005

Hi Jürgen,

Juergen Egeling wrote:

> the TYCon3 website is ready to take the call for papers. The EXT is done
> and works. The first demo before going to the public can be seen at
> http://tycon3.punkt.de
>
> If you all approve it will be switched to tycon3.typo3.org
> Known things:
> Contact: Not done, as I do not know where to send the contact to
> Impressum: Missing, I think we need it.

My ideas / impression:

 - do you mind if we use tycon3.typo3.org as the official domain?

 - I think you should place your punkt.de logo at the site
   so people know that you organize all this and host the conference
   site

 - I suggest that we synchronize frontend users with typo3.org with
   Renés new SOAP auth extension (René, is that possible?). That means
   you will be able to login with your typo3.org user account and
   register yourself as a speaker which creates a speaker record
   in some table of the conference site (but linked to the typo3.org
   username).

 - let's change the picture of Kasper's hands to something else. Maybe
   some photo from the snowboard exists where many people are listening?

 - Can you install realurl, so we have nicer URLs?

 - we should add some information about the program committee, at least
   email addresses. Somewhen in the future (TYCon3 2006) we will have a
   whoiswho link functionality so we can link to a central place where
   more information about people can be found.

 - When Rupert and I finished news.typo3.org we can have a news feed
   for the conference which can be subscribed to via RSS

 - When we have decided on the final program, we should provide some iCal
   or XML-RPC resource so people can easily include the schedule into
   their calendars

Thank you Jürgen!

--
robert