[TYPO3-t3dd] T3DD Sold out

Gina Steiner gina at typo3.org
Fri Mar 2 10:13:23 CET 2012

hi patrick,

thanx for you fast statement!

> So my personal suggestion in the moment is to have 50 additional
> attendees this year (and 7 tracks) - what do you think Gina/Thomas -
> should we try it? ;-)

like i always said i calculate 6-8 tracks for 200 people. if you can do
250 people with the same amount you can try it out. you can also think
about 8 tracks for 250 people not 7 (as a side note: 3 talk tracks are
quite a lot). you can also rise the fees like you suggested some time
ago but like i also said it is not the purpose of this event to earn
money, it's about the best way to boost development. as long as our main
purpose does not get smashed everything is fine. the biggest t3dd we had
was with 215 people, the smallest was with 80. 80 was very personal and
215 tended to loose the personal touch. please do me a favor and do not
kill the personality of this event because it simply has to get bigger -
but i'm sure this is not you intention. if we have the feeling to loose
the personal touch after a 250-people event (like we had with 215 people
and afair also the attendees told us via the survey) we should scale
down again next year.

as a side note: the funny thing here is that after the event normally we
do a survey and ask the people what they liked and did not like and we
plan the next event on their input. and like thomas said at every event
there are always some people who do not agree with this majoritarian
approach. i suggest you incorporate some additional questions regarding
this issue in this years survey to get an even better insight in the
majoritarian opinion.

so let's see what thomas' input is.

best regards
gina