[TYPO3-t3dd] T3DD Sold out

Patrick Lobacher plobacher at n-o-g.de
Fri Mar 2 08:52:55 CET 2012

Hi there,

to be honest - in the beginning I was very convinced from the concept
Thomas & Gina explained - but as time go by I'm a bit unhappy with a few
parts of it and this is for the following reasons:

We planned with 6 tracks (and we wanted to have a open track there too)
- but now it seems, that we can fill up 7 tracks (have asked the
location manager for another track and if we get em I could publish the
schedule) - but just with real workshops (and 3 talks so far) - no open
track space anymore. And - this is important - I've done no kind of
advertisement, no marketing at all. If I've done that - I think I would
have received much more proposals.

As Steffen wrote - I had to cut the 2 slots workshops to 1 slot and the
3 slot to 2 - because we have no space in the schedule

Obviously  we have that much people who are happy to do a workshop
(which is great I think) :-)

On the other side I talked to a lot of people in the last months -
beginner, intermediate, silent people and core people - every kind of
people who are interested to be part of the community. And not one of
them really understood why we had to restrict the T3DD in general. I
defended the arguments of the event commitee (which is basically a good
one) but I saw that the community has another way of thinking - and
because it is a community event (and not a "invitation-only-event" like
a code sprint) we should respect them.

So I suggest, that people are happier to better have not enough
attention in a slightly crowded workshop than not to be part of it at all.

We (the TYPO3 community) are getting bigger and bigger from month to
month - and if there are enthusiastic developer - we have to take care
of them I think.

The T3DD are the most important event for developer in my opinion - no
BarCamp and of course not the Con (this is another topic we should take
care about if I think of the feedback I had while talking to the people
the last time) can take care about the developer - so we should be happy
to have that much motivated people who want to work at and with TYPO3.

**** IMPORTANT: This is my personal opinion *****
T3DD: The place developer should be and new ones found (about 300-400
people)
T3CON: Much more business than developer topics (up to 1000 people for
Europe, up to 300 people for North America)
T3CAMP: BarCamp-Style event (up to 200 people)
Code-Sprints: Closed developer event with invitation only (up to 50 people)
****

So my personal suggestion in the moment is to have 50 additional
attendees this year (and 7 tracks) - what do you think Gina/Thomas -
should we try it? ;-)
The waiting list http://wiki.typo3.org/T3DD12 consists of 38 people and
I know from a few other people who want to go there...

Have a great day and best whishes,
Patrick

P.S.: Shuttle busses are organized of course ;-) (the big ones)
P.S.S.: I fully aggree to you Thomas ("...forget to buy tickets..." *g*)