[TYPO3-t3dd] Ideas for workshops

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sat Apr 10 15:37:52 CEST 2010

Hey,

>> 3. Pimp my TypoScript - aka stdWrap for everybody - let's implement stdWrap
>> for almost any of the "official" TypoScript objects and parameters (Steffen
>> Kamper already started working on that task)
>
> I afraid of yet another performance decrease... Technically cool but practically dangerous and not needed in most cases because there are other ways around.

In general I'd like having stdWrap functionality in most places, but I
also fear a bit about performance. So I suggest to apply stdWrap
functionality only in it's own namespace and check for it's existence
before doing anything.

foo = BAR
foo {
	// I'm just a regular dumb TS object
	value = noob
}

stdWrapFoo = BAR
stdWrapFoo {
	// I'm now automatically having stdWrap features by
	// using the stdWrap namespace
	value = noob
	stdWrap {
		override = 1337