[TYPO3-t3dd] [TYPO3-english] Fifth edition of the TYPO3 Developer Days

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 09:38:41 CEST 2010

Hi!

Sebastian Gebhard wrote:
> +1 especially in Germany many people are more concerned about their
> privacy than Dmitry is

I am very concerned about my privacy ;) So concerned that I do not have pics of my house or kids anywhere on the Internet unlike many German–speaking people do. Also my Facebook is protected with proper privacy settings. I am quite a "private" man :)

Regarding PayPal: I use it since 2001 and I did not have any privacy issues with it. Actually I got payments from Germany–based projects by PayPal and some donations from Germany residents. That worked well.

In no case I can insist that PayPal is great for everyone. I offered it is as one possible solution. I also used MoneyBookers, which is Europe–based (UK I think) and it was far more complicated, so I stopped using it completely.

My principles are very simple: use whatever is easier for you, don't create artificial complexities. Of course, security and privacy is very important. I would not use something like "greatpaymentsystem.cn" even if it is super easy. But PayPal is there for years and they also did good thing to me by reimbursing money I paid to a bad seller on eBay. So I trust PayPal. You are not required to do it. That's fully ok for me. Nobody forces you to use PayPal but having it as *one of several options* would be good. Nothing more than that. No pressure, just more convenience to people. After all, we all want more convenience in our life, don't we?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member