[TYPO3-t3dd] T3DD09 Coding-Night

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 09:51:25 CET 2008

Hi!

Francois Suter wrote:
> In general core team members should try to make themselves rather
> available in such events as it is a rare opportunity for community
> members to meet them. I believe that most core team members are very
> open to such contacts, but maybe they are just a bit too busy or maybe
> hang around a bit too much together, I don't know. In this regard, it
> would be better if the Core Days happened before the T3DD rather than
> after.

I can tell about my experience only...

Sometimes contacts are a bit annoying. Some people come, look to
your badge and speak with the idea in large eyes: "Wooooooooooooow!
This is a core team member! Why don't I ask him something?" and ask
a question similar to "How to wrap text with html tags in the TEXT
object?" (10.wrap = <b>|</b>). Or they shake hands and say "I am
John Doe, remember me asking you a question in the mailing list a
year ago about wrapping text?". It is a pleasure to work for TYPO3
but it is never a pleasure to be a TYPO3 celebrity. Sometimes I
understand how Kasper feels being well-known to everyone.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support