[FLOW3-general] Build an Flow-Application on an existing Oracle database

Qbus | Axel Wüstemann awu at qbus.de
Sun Dec 30 21:11:21 CET 2012

Hi,

in about 2008 we built an application with Zend Framework 1 (ZF), using
an existing Oracle database. The database is part of the ERP-Software of
the customer.

Now it is planned to rebuild this application. Because ZF2 is a quite
complete new implementation, it might be considered to use Flow instead.

For some parts of the app we have to use given database views, only for
reading an displaying the data. So we can't use doctrine's database
updates, migrations, table structures etc.

What would be the right strategy related to persistence in this case?
Should we use the Flow's Generic Persistence?

Thank you,
Axel