[FLOW3-general] Suggested folder structure for public resources

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Dec 13 14:50:47 CET 2012

Hi all,

yesterday we had a longish discussion about the suggested folder
structure for public resources.
In fact the names of folders underneath Resources/Public is up to you of
course but it would be nice to have consistency there as well
(especially for the *core* packages).

The current general rule we came up with is:
"The folder uses the plural form of the resource type it contains. If
the folder is named after a technology or product, it is used as is."

and as an example we suggest following default folders in the
documentation (see [1]):

* Images
* StyleSheets
* JavaScript

In my personal opinion "StyleSheets" vs "JavaScript" seems to be
inconsistent nevertheless and I'd prefer "Scripts" over "JavaScript".

What's your opinion?

[1] https://review.typo3.org/#/c/17126/

--
Bastian Waidelich