[TYPO3-typo3org] A few questions about TER

Christian Zenker typo3 at xopn.de
Mon Oct 6 09:59:31 CEST 2014

Hi Tomek

> Some of the extensions have "Get in touch" and links to the repo and
> other. How can I make such links? Is there any API for that?

You need to login and go to http://typo3.org/extensions/extension-keys/ If
you click 'Edit' on any of the extension keys you can add those links.

> Extension download counter differs from chart.
> Why? Which is correct?

The chart does not necessarily show all versions. Outdated and insecure
versions for instance won't show up in the chart, but in the total
download counter. Also the old typo3.org (up to April 2012) did only count
the downloads per extension (not version).

After all those download numbers are not 100% accurate anyways. It does
not count downloads on all mirrors (and HTTP caches) as well as git
checkouts of the source, etc. But they show at least a magnitude of usage.

Hope that helps.
Christian.