[TYPO3-typo3org] Deployment typo3.org (2014-05-30)

Christian Zenker typo3 at xopn.de
Fri May 30 15:18:58 CEST 2014

Hi everyone.

I’d like to inform you that we did a deployment of typo3.org.

Most of the issues have been worked on during the last Code Sprint in the
beginning of May. Some of the issues started there were not finished yet,
but you can expect them soon™. [1]

First up: The Certified Integrators Listing.
With the migration of the Certification page to typo3.org during the
Editorial Team Sprint in April, the Certified Integrators listing also
needed to be moved. An extension to display those was started by Ole
Hartwig and Daniel Bachmann during that sprint and it was also worked on
that during the Community Tools Sprint. Unfortunately there were some
minor glitches and some other unfinished tickets that prevented a
deployment so it took longer to get this to typo3.org then originally
intended. I’m personally very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this
delay. You can have a look at that listing at
http://typo3.org/certification/about-the-certification/certified-typo3-cms-integrator-listing/

An other new feature is the new Feedback-System. We call it „Voice“,
because it is kind of similar to Uservoice and can be used as a generic
feedback system.
You can open it on any page in the bottom right by clicking on the
„Feedback“ button. Visiually it works like a normal contact form, but it
also gathers some usefull information on the page you are at and your
browser settings. The extension was developed by Kay Strobach and is
generic enough to be used in any TYPO3 installation.[2]

Also we decoupled the Professional Service Listing from the Association’s
website, because the shop there will be removed soon. Typo3.org accessed
membership information from the Association website through an API. This
information now has to be maintained on typo3.org.

The Screencast Team moved from Vimeo to Youtube about a year ago. So the
Video Section on typo3.org was replaced with an iframe from Youtube. We
want to have a proper video section there, but this has no high priority
at the moment and will likely not happen this year.

Then we integrated RabbitMQ into typo3.org. This service will be used in
the future to let different websites in the typo3 infrastructure
communicate with each other. They could send messages like „A user has
registered“ or „An extension was uploaded“ to each other and react on
those messages. But that is nothing that you can „see“ at the moment --
except if you are a member of the Server Team, then you can enjoy some
nice graphs ;)

During the sprint, lots of smaller issues where also tackled.

 From now on, if you share a page on Facebook (or any other
OpenGraph-empowered website) it should show a nice orange TYPO3 Logo
instead of one of the sponsors.

Links to docs.typo3.org should not lead to error pages anymore.

The „Transfer Extension Key“ functionality was moved to a custom tag to
make the interface more clean.

Your email address on typo3.org can now be changed again.

Extension authors can add tags to their extensions in the „Manage
Extension Keys“ page.

Last but not least, we also fixed the recent security issues in the TYPO3
Core and powermail.

Not yet deployed is the flagging of outdated extensions.
You might notice the check mark when searching for extensions that allows
you to also show „outdated extensions“. At the moment checking this will
not do anything, because there are no outdated extensions yet. We were not
completely satisfied with our algorithm to determine outdated extensions
yet, so we decided to postpone it a little further.

You’ll find the full list of all changes here:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-t3o-relaunch-week/versions/2734

Thanks to everyone attending the Community Tools Sprint and working on
these awesome features: Kay Strobach, Thomas Löffler, Philipp Gampe,
Sascha Marcel Schmidt, Björn Jacob, Ralf Zimmermann, Peter Foerger, Tomas
Norre Mikkelsen and Ben van 't Ende.

We added quite some new features during that deployment, so in case you
spot any problems, do not hesitate to report them to
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-t3o-relaunch-week

Until next time
Christian

[1] The term „soon™“ is used according to http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon