[TYPO3-typo3org] just a quick idea // authentification & authorisation & openid // oath server

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Thu Apr 4 21:17:26 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

i have a quick idea to share with you.

After having some funny issues with the typo3.org login today i think
its time to ask our selves if can do better then the current state.

my perception is that the integration of additional services around
TYPO3.org is quite complicated. Imagine giving a third party application
to upload an extension for you as an example. currently we do not offer
a way to login and act on our behalf.

(if you want to see what services i mean go to github and check their
Available Service Hooks and their oauth Stuff.

http://developer.github.com/v3/oauth/
)

So heres my nutshell:

create a central sign-on server (running flow, hint hint!) that does
openid or oauth with your typo3 user account.

id.typo3.org

bind the logins of the different services to this service: typo3.org.
TER. forge. wiki. gerrit etc...

I know that this seems to be a lot of work... Well Rome was not burnt in
a day...

Let me know what you think.

Olivier