[TYPO3-typo3org] Integrate TYPO3 ReST documentation into typo3.org: Yes we can!

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Thu Oct 25 13:57:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

Just to summarize my responses/questions from the other (non public)
newsgroup:

The documentation preview looks good. As we plan a T3O Sprint in Dec. it
would be great to know how you plan to retrieve the actual header and
how we (T3O team) should provide that.

Besides that the URL migration and the TER integration should/could be
prepared during that sprint - depends on what the actual plans for this
are. But there is one main question which also affects some work which
is currently done on the TER and the search:

Since rendering documentation on typo3.org is only and always rendering
the documentation of extension-documentations - is my assumption right
that once docs.typo3.org is ready to go, every extension will have to
provide a ReSt documentation?

The reason I'm asking is mainly to get an idea wether we've to migrate
all documentation links to the new server or wether we're only migrating
some of them and keep the rest on our current system?

I'm aware of the fact that we can do the actual work together during the
sprint - but I prefer to get an idea of the problem beforehand ;)

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
Tolleiv Nietsch