[TYPO3-typo3org] How to discontinue svn.typo3.org?

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Oct 2 11:24:36 CEST 2012

Hallo Tolleiv,

the traffic on svn must be high, as many extensions are using it :D

Regards
Kay

Am 02.10.2012 10:10, schrieb Tolleiv Nietsch:
> Hi,
>
> wow, is it that much of a pain to maintain that server?
>
> I'd suggest to provide a smooth migration path to Git (which is in
> progress already), promote that possibility to switch in more popular
> spaces (typo3.org homepage /forge homepage etc.) and monitor the SVN
> traffic and once it goes below a certain threshold I'd shut it down.
>
> Btw. could you share some kind of traffic comparision between
> git.typo3.org and svn.typo3.org for the last 2-3 months?
>
> Cheers,
> Tolleiv
>
> Steffen Gebert schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> there is a lot of discussion about community involvement going on right
> now.. so I'd like to hear your opinion, how we can get rid of SVN in our
> community.
>
> Here's a *suggestion* for a roadmap:
> 1.1.2013: deprecate (which would be showing a BIG
>            warning on http://svn.typo3.org)
> 1.7.2013: read-only
> 1.1.2014: shut-down
>
> Here my *suggestion* for the "workflow":
> Each step of the roadmap would include an email notification of the
> forge project leaders and a hint, how to request a migration to git.
>
> There will be no automatic/enforced migration of repositories.
>
> I'm happy to hear your comments and ideas!
>
> Kind regards
> Steffen

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach