[TYPO3-typo3org] How to discontinue svn.typo3.org?

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Oct 2 10:04:38 CEST 2012

Hello Steffen,

would be nice to have git running for a while before shutting down git.

Is it possible to convert the repositories to git now?

Additionally there should be a way to tag versions on git for upload in
the TER :D

Regards
Kay

Am 01.10.2012 22:03, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
> Hi,
>
> there is a lot of discussion about community involvement going on right
> now.. so I'd like to hear your opinion, how we can get rid of SVN in our
> community.
>
> Here's a *suggestion* for a roadmap:
> 1.1.2013: deprecate (which would be showing a BIG
>           warning on http://svn.typo3.org)
> 1.7.2013: read-only
> 1.1.2014: shut-down
>
> Here my *suggestion* for the "workflow":
> Each step of the roadmap would include an email notification of the
> forge project leaders and a hint, how to request a migration to git.
>
> There will be no automatic/enforced migration of repositories.
>
> I'm happy to hear your comments and ideas!
>
> Kind regards
> Steffen

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach