[TYPO3-typo3org] How to discontinue svn.typo3.org?

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Tue Oct 2 07:56:45 CEST 2012

Hi Georg,

>> 1.1.2013: deprecate (which would be showing a BIG
>>           warning on http://svn.typo3.org)
>
> i would go for 1.2. as nobody got time at 1.1 anyway, emails are not
> read, ...
I have holidays during that time, so at least for me there's time to do
TYPO3 work ;)

>> There will be no automatic/enforced migration of repositories.
>
> maybe there could also be an option to just remove the SVN repo. E.g. I
> don't need it for project xyz anymore, so you could already
> remove/cleanup the svn before 2014.
Yeah.. everybody can create a commit to remove his own SVN repo. Our
migration script doesn't remove the directory
(svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/foo), but removes everything below
(branches, tags, trunk) and puts a README file into it with the new URL
and a hint, at which revision it was removed.

Kind regards
Steffen

- --
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member
TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks