[TYPO3-typo3org] Request for TER removal

Reinhard Führicht rf at typoheads.at
Fri Jul 22 09:59:50 CEST 2011

Hi Francois,

Am 2011-07-22 09:53, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi Reinhard,
>
>> Please remove the following extension from TER as they are obsolete,
>> probably not working and not maintained by us anymore (or let me know
>> whom to contact directly):
>
> You could also release a last version of each of these extensions where
> you just change their status to "obsolete". This way people can see that
> they are officially unsupported anymore. I don't think we have any best
> practices about this, but it's what I did for a couple of my own
> extensions. Of course, the extensions are still there, so it doesn't
> help cleaning up the TER, but maybe a future version will have an option
> for filtering out obsolete extensions...
>
> Cheers

I thought about that too and we already have marked some of our
extensions as obsolete. The problem is that people don't see it or don't
care about it and still want support for these extensions.

So, since the possibilities of the TER are limited, I thought the best
way to handle this would be to just get rid of some extensions.

But if this is not easily possible, I will set all of our unsupported
extensions to obsolete and continue remembering people to look at the
state, upload comments and the date of the last release.

Regards,
Reinhard