[TYPO3-typo3org] Closing of issues on forge.typo3.org

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri Jan 7 11:26:42 CET 2011

Hey everybody,

You might have noticed that yesterday evening, between 9 and 10 PM,
quite some issues have been closed by users not being members of the
respective projects. Read on why...

I did some internal changes on forge.typo3.org, dealing with the way how
SVN repositories are created and handled. For that to happen, I needed
to create an additional repository configuration for the "Community
Extensions"-Project on forge.
Then, forge automatically indexed the *whole Community Extensions*
repository again, and if the commit message contained something like
"Resolves: #xxxxx", it closed the respective issue. The original
committers referenced bug numbers on bugs.typo3.org (there was no forge
at that time). However, as we use the same bug numbers on
forge.typo3.org again, these issues were closed...

To cut a long story short: It was an administrator mistake, no harm
done, the people who seem to have closed the issue have *not* closed the
issue, but it was an automatic process.

Sorry for the hazzle,
Sebastian
forge.typo3.org administrator