[TYPO3-typo3org] New ter_fe

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Oct 23 20:33:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

when i was in Stuttgart at the user meeting i spoke to Kai Vogel and
Thomas löffler, they already started improving ter_fe. Sometime before
Marcus Krause came also with some ideas.

So the time is right to write a new ter_fe which has a better
presentation of extensions on typo3.org, better search, working
extension management a.s.o.

I started the wiki on forge, and will make  a tutorial how to set up an
own repository. This will get more prominent with the new extension
manager, which supports handling of more than one repository in BE.

I hope we will get some results in the next time, maybe we can present
something for christmas :)
Some new features will be included like
* tags
* RSS feed
* better search
* statistics (also graphs)
* many others ...

and of course all the bugfixes.

Please use the issue tracker if you want to ke proposals or if you want
to report bugs.

Thanks,

vg Steffen

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-terfe

btw: please remind that manual rendering is not included in ter_fe