[TYPO3-typo3org] wiki.typo3.org: Upgrade to 1.16.0, offline 2010-10-21 20:00-24:00

Daniel Bruessler danielb at typo3.org
Mon Oct 18 17:49:27 CEST 2010

Hello,

it's time for an upgrade of the wiki-engine (mediawiki).

The main reason is that we can use the Vector-skin, what has a very clean Code (HTML/CSS) and a much better usability.

Other changes since our current version (MediaWiki 1.15.1):

    * Watchlists now have RSS/Atom feeds. RSS feeds generally are now hidden, since Atom is a better protocol and is supported by virtually all clients.
    * It's now possible to block users from sending email via Special:Emailuser.
    * The maintenance script system was overhauled.
    * The user groups ACL system was improved.
    * A new localisation caching system was introduced, which will make MediaWiki and the extensions faster.

Cheers!
Daniel