[TYPO3-typo3org] Wanted: forums on typo3.org

Tim Duelken timd at fladi.de
Sat Oct 9 20:06:16 CEST 2010

Hi!

> two points coming to mind:
> 1. is the login compatible to the global typo3.org-login?

Not out of the box. We'll probably implement an login via typo3.org the
same way it's done on forge.

> 2. what can be seen without login?

everything (except newsgroups which needs extra permissions)

> 2.a search engines should find every entry

should bee no problem

> 2.b no emailadresses (from news/mailinglists) should be visible

They are hidden by default. Within the forum only the loginname is
displayed. For imported newsgroup-messages the senders name is used as
display name. The forum automatically creates an user-entry for those
users. We'll have to figure out how to deal with this issue and how
login with these auto-created accounts will work.

In addition there is a "email user" function available in order to make
it possible to contact persons which do not use the forum.

Regards
--
-Tim (aka Fladi)