[TYPO3-typo3org] System Requirements Page

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat May 8 17:53:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

Lars Houmark schrieb:
> Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> What made me curious: "But the bottom line is - configure for at least
>> 16 MB memory (we recommend to use 32 MB or even more)." ;-)
>
> I might remember wrong, but I did a test the other day on my local dev
> machine with 32MB and the Reports module was warning that 64MB was
> recommended. I changed it upwards, so I am not sure what it said, but
> all of these should be in sync imho.

there are several places which are not working with 16/32 MB.
One for sure is the extension list import in EM. This will change in 4.5
with the new EM. Then hopefully even 16MB will be enough.

Also some parts as impexp eat very much memory, depending on how big the
export is, because all is read to memory.

vg Steffen